Monday, July 11, 2011

yummy stuffed bell peppers

So after making that unsaucy spaghetti. I got to thinking that it would go nicely as a stuffed bell pepper but just to add rice to the mixture to soak up the juices. and boy was I right it was so good I don't think I'll ever make stuffed bell peppers like I use to (stuff it just like a meatloaf). I followed the cooking just the same as the other but when the meat mixture is cooking off for that 30-45 mins. I added a little less than a cup of rice (if you don't want it to ricey then add about 1/2 cup instead) and then I chopped up some bell peppers to mix in with it to enhance the flavor.
When that is cooking prepare the bell peppers and then place them on a pan and put in the oven for about 20 mins at 350 degree. so when the meat/rice mixture is done cooking stuff the bell peppers and top with cheese. put it back in the oven until the cheese is crispy and cooked on top.

I also put some potatoes in the oven while the bell peppers where cooking to have baked potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment